The Cars Dream Restaurant, in the city of Surabaya, Indonesia, features ten vintage cars converted into furniture, making it the ideal place to dine if you’re into cars.
Bobby Handojo Gunawan, owner of the Cars Dream Restaurant, says he has been dreaming about opening an automotive-themed restaurant for 15 years, and since he’s always been passionate about tuning cars, using them as furniture just came naturally. With ten vintage automobiles converted into unique restaurant furniture and accessories, the Cars Dream Restaurant holds the Guinness record for Most Cars on Display in a Restaurant.
Here are some of the auto wonders you can see in this unusual Indonesian venue:
- a red 1949 Mercedes Benz Limousine converted into a big dining table for 20 people;
- a red 1969 Chevrolet Corvette converted into a beautiful aquarium with 100 fish;
- a yellow 1969 Lotus turned into an organ and audio system;
- two 1961 Cadillacs transformed into a cozy seating area;
- a 1962 Chevrolet Impala converted into a cool dinning table
The Cars Dream Restaurant also features a 1954 Mercedes Gullwig 300 SL and a 1961 Morris Mini Cooper set on display for auto enthusiasts to admire. They don’t have an engine anymore, but they look just as good as the day they were shipped off from the factory.
If you’re ever in Surabaya,and you have a thing for classic cars, you must stop by the Cars Dream Restaurant, at 68 Raya Menganti.